Sunday, February 13, 2011

Back to work

Finally I have made up my mind after months of debating. The 10 or so unheard songs I have laid out will become my first album. I will begin to perfect and record them soon. Until now I have been unsure what I wanted to do with them. At one point I even wanted to make them the soundtrack of a movie, well I still do but that will take much longer to accomplish. As for right now they do no good just sitting in my mind. Music is about sharing and I would like to share these songs now.

One of the factors in the long time it took me to make a decision has been the originality of the songs. Very little of my current published content is much more than freestyle works at the time. This new batch of songs has more structure to them and I pretty happy with them. Some can be pretty complicated so perfecting them will takes a bit longer than I would like but the result will be worth it.

Another factor prolonging my release of these songs has been the lack of decent equipment and production knowledge on my part. This is no longer an issue as I have built and learned to use a decent little home studio over time. Now I can begin recording.

This being my debut album and my first big step to the many things that I wish to accomplish with my music, I cant help but think many other musicians also may have worried about their works being copied/stolen when they are just starting out. This fear has held me back from doing what I love for a long time now. Everyone has to start somewhere though so I made the choice to start sharing what I have done so everyone can enjoy the songs. That is what music is meant to be about anyways =]

2 comments:

Murengu said...

Very true DaNoblest, everyone has to start somewhere. I love reading your blog and articles on hubpages. They are awesome.

Noble Sounds said...

Thank you! I am very happy to know someone reads what I post =]